Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oh NO!! He has a C-O-L-D


Why is it that a man who has broken his wrist several times, sliced open his leg on numerous occassions, fallen from high places , nearly electrocuted himself, been hit on the thumb with a sledgehammer, becomes such a whiner when he has a cold??

They say women are the weaker sex. HUH!

Today I received a call at work.

"Hedow. Will you make me tum chicken dewp? I have a duffy node."
At this point, I can't help but laugh. He sounds pathetic. Reduced to sounding like a two year old because he has the sniffles.

Mind you, it's two days before Thanksgiving and the market will be like the annual bridal sale at Filene's basement. For those of you unfamiliar with this concept. Picture a million women gathered at the entrance to the biggest and best sale EVER for their dream wedding gown.


So needless to say I braved the store, picked up all that was needed to make the "dewp"


Now I sit here after cleaning up and wonder WTF?


I had to deal with a ruptured appendix, being gutted like a fish and come home to a nine month old whom I couldn't lift due to the staples and stitches. Where was he.. Oh.. he was on a bowling league. " Where ya going HON?"


"Tonight is Wednesday. I'm going bowling."


"But the baby is sick, I can't lift her and I am not feeling well."


"Sorry HON. I missed last week. I can't miss again this week. My team needs me. Don't worry, I won't be late and I'll put the baby to bed."


And he wanted "dewp" cause he had a "duffy node"

Weaker sex my ass...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We males are sucks with colds and stuff..I can't defend him because I'm the same way....but were cute when we are sucky.....:):):)

Random Thoughts to Amuse said...

Hey.. I made him the soup !! Didn't I...


Cute only goes so far before it moves to pathetic.

Thanks for reading and commenting..now scuse me while I bring him some tissues and perhaps a favorite pillow.. YA RIGHT

Fanton said...

I for one never would phone in to work sick.

Primarily because I do not have a job.

Or a phone.

Anonymous said...

After living with 3 men (1 man and 2 almost men), I know men are the weaker sex when it comes to illness. Big babies. I hope your's appreciates how brave you were to fend off the holiday crowds just to buy and make his soup!